Getting ready to start Saxenda! (INTRO)

Well I guess I should introduce myself for those of you who don't know me that are reading this. My name is Kassie and I'm 37 years old. I've been married to a wonderful man since 2003. We have 5 children and I'm a stay at home mom........Now onto why I'm starting this journey.

As a teenager I of course like most teens thought I was fat, however realizing now, I was far from it. I am 5'6'' and back in high school weighed around 120-130lbs. How I wish I could go back there. Anyway ... fast forward to freshman year in college. My mom and I were in a horrible car accident and I was driving, needless to say I had a lot of guilt. She was injured the most and almost died. I realize now this is when I really started my emotional eating issues. I used food as an escape and still do this to this day. Mad, sad, happy, excited.... I look to food. I know no "drug" is going to solve this issue for me. I'm working on using other things to go to instead of food. It's a daily battle.

The top picture was of me in high school, and bottom was around senior year.

Freshman year of college I went up to 200 and then I tried a drug called T-burn and it had ephedra in it. Yes I took it. I also lost 50lbs! Which was great because I was engaged and about to be married. This is a pic of me on my honeymoon.



Fast forward to the present and .... I can't believe I'm going to be this honest on this blog.... but here I go.... I weigh 250lbs! My heaviest ever!!! I was at 200 for about 5 years and then last year I put on 50 more and here I sit. I lose 5, gain it back... lose it again.... gain it again. A vicious cycle that I'm so done repeating. I've bounced around form 180-200 up until last year and now i'm bouncing between 220-250.




I went to my doctor a few weeks ago and told him how not only am I 100 pounds overweight but that every time I lose 5-10 pounds it seems it comes right back on and I don't want to live my life this way. He recommended Saxenda and I immediately jumped on board praying that insurance would cover it. Thankfully it did because without insurance it cost upward of 1500 a month! If you have not heard of it, here is some info https://www.restartmed.com/saxenda/ as well as some info on why I kept gaining the weight back that I had lost.

I'm preparing myself right now. I mean if you are like me and it feels like you have tried EVERYTHING and then some to lose weight then you know the fear of starting something new. Each time I try something new I'm already leaning towards thinking of it as another failure before I even begin. I know I will have to make lifestyle changes with this medicine. I know that I will have to eat smaller healthier meals and exercise. Thankfully I have already started modifying what I'm eating and I'm going to try to walk a mile 3 or 4 times a week. This is a picture of me taken about a month ago.




I am going to try and post on this blog once a week and also do a Youtube Vlog and will link those videos here as well. Please subscribe/follow to stay updated and please drop a line of encouragement as well. Losing weight is hard and even though I will now have a helper it is still going to be a battle but it's one I desperately want to be victorious in.



Thanks for reading! Will post again next week after my doctors appointment when they show me how to do the injections!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 month Saxenda Update

Rough week last week and starting week 10 of Saxenda

STARTING WEEK 5 OF SAXENDA