STARTING WEEK 4 ON SAXENDA

Well I'm starting week 4 today! I weighed in this morning and I'm down another 4lbs for a total of 13.4 so far!!

I decided to stay at 1.8 this week and not up the dosage. Thankfully my body seems to be adjusting to each new dose but after reading a lot of different peoples stories in a Facebook saxenda support group, I've decided to take my time on going up. As long as 1.8 is working I'll probably stay here for a while. For those of you who don't know Saxenda is the same medicine as Victoza (for diabetes) and the maximum dosage on Victoza was 1.8. So as long as I feel full, not hungry and am losing I'll probably hang out at 1.8 for a while.

Side effects this past week were the most I've had since I started. I had one day with sulfur burps (disgusting!) but I quickly realized it was the fried chicken leg I had that did it to me, because I never had them again. I must remember to stay away from fried foods!!! I've had some fatigue but nothing horrible and the worst is .... ok TMI..... constipation! lol So now I have added colace to my daily regimen! Other than that things are going really good. I get full SO fast. I used to buy those frozen Atkins meals, or Lean Cuisine and after eating one, feel like I needed 1 or 2 more to fill me up and now I can hardly finish one of those. I'm training myself to put smaller portions on my plate and even then sometimes I can't' finish what it, so another thing i'm training myself to do is STOP. Even if I have food left on my plate I push it away as soon as I feel full.

Water is a must on this medicine. I drink water constantly!!

For those of you like me who might be emotional eaters, I have to say the things that surprises me most about this medicine is I don't crave or think about food constantly like I used to.  I went to see the fireworks at our local fair this past Saturday and although everything looked good, I didn't crave it like I did last year. I even got a corn dog and when my daughter asked to share I had no problem taking a few bites and giving her the rest. I really hope that this new way of thinking carries over someday when I stop taking this medicine.


Well that's all for this week!  Thanks for reading!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 month Saxenda Update

Rough week last week and starting week 10 of Saxenda

STARTING WEEK 5 OF SAXENDA